Cannabidiol (CBD) is the powerful, legal and natural derivative of the hemp and cannabis plant that is taking the world by storm and widely considered a “miracle supplement”. The cannabis plant contains about 85 cannabinoids, the chemical compounds responsible for the way marijuana effects users, with the two most widely discussed being CBD and THC. Cannabinoids play a vital role in the human body which has endocannabinoid receptors located throughout it. These receptors comprise what is known as our endocannabinoid systems and are stimulated (whether by external cannabinoids or the ones already within us), they work to maintain homeostasis.
While tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is what’s responsible for cannabis’ psychoactive properties, cannabidiol (CBD) is non-psychoactive and, based on the current research available and user testimonials, offers an array of therapeutic benefits ranging from cancer prevention and treatment to pain relief.
The Potential Benefits of CBD
Based on currently available research CBD appears to be nothing short of miraculous – a great, natural alternative for pharmaceuticals used to treat a host of diseases. The following factoids were curated from the top cannabidiol studies:
- CBD is a powerful anti-inflammatory and regulator of gastric motility, which makes it a potential therapy for IBS, Crohn’s disease, and colitis.
- At high doses, CBD activates the 5-ht1A receptor which helps regulate anxiety, addiction, appetite, sleep, pain perception, nausea, and vomiting.
- CBD is a powerful antioxidant, which makes it a preventative of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and ALS. Its antioxidant properties also make it an age-reduction skin therapy.
- CBD’s anti-inflammatory quality has been found to alleviate the symptoms of multiple sclerosis. Because of its antioxidant properties, it may also prevent multiple sclerosis and/or prevent the disease from escalating.
- CBD is a positive allosteric modulator of the mu and delta opioid receptors. This means it enhances the ability of these receptors to receive endogenous enkephalins which can increase quality of life and naturally reduce chronic pain in patients with conditions ranging from fibromyalgia to arthritis to cancer.
- CBD’s antipsychotic properties make it a viable alternative to pharmaceuticals for schizophrenic patients.
- CBD activates PPAR-gamma receptors. PPAR-gamma receptors are located on the cell’s nuclei and play a role in lipid uptake, insulin sensitivity, dopamine release and the degradation of beta-amyloid plaque. This is why CBD has been found to have natural value for individuals with diabetes, schizophrenia, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- CBD has been found to not only effectively treat insomnia, but to create stable sleep patterns and, consequently, long-term relief from sleeplessness.
- CBD’s interaction with the endocannabinoid system helps to reduce nausea, particularly in chemo patients. Studies show that CBD actively destroys cancer cells, which makes it a potential non-toxic, painless alternative to chemotherapy.
- CBD also antagonizes GPR55 receptors which are widely distributed in the brain and help to control bone density and blood pressure. When activated, GPR55 promotes cancer cell proliferation. This antagonizing action helps explain the natural value of supplementing with CBD in individuals with cancer, osteoporosis, and high blood pressure.
- Perhaps one of the most exciting and well-known applications of CBD oil is its potential impact for adults and children with epilepsy. Individuals who were experiencing dozens of seizures daily have found that CBD can dramatically decrease these numbers and find near instant relief from attacks.
1000MG HEMP-DERIVED CBD OIL
Our Hemp Oil is an organic nutritional supplement for increased health and vitality. Featuring 1000mg of organically-grown, high-concentrate CBD oil mixed with MCT oil, this product delivers a powerhouse of plant-based ingredients.
- Organic & Non-GMO
- Naturally flavored (w/ Stevia)
- 30-day supply (1000mg | 30ml)
- Grown & harvested in the U.S.A.
- No pesticides, herbicides, solvents or chemical fertilizers
- Non-psychoactive (Less than .02% THC guaranteed)
- Laboratory tested to ensure safety and potency
Ingredients: CBD Isolate Hemp Extract, MCT Oil, Lemon Oil, Lime Oil, Stevia
What is CBD Isolate?
Hemp CBD isolate is cannabidiol in its purest form possible making it the most powerful form of CBD currently available.
CBD isolate is the extraction of CBD from the cannabis plant so that the subsequent product is pure. Unwanted plant material is removed from the extraction, leaving a concentrated CBD isolate, which amplifies the healing properties of the cannabinoid.
Consuming isolate (as opposed to smoking a high CBD strain of cannabis) yields one higher concentrations of CBD in smaller amounts, making it a great medicine for those who need it.
CBD Products Made from Hemp are 100% Legal
CBD products are produced one of two places, medical cannabis or industrial hemp plants. While still illegal under federal law, cannabis is legal in several states but because it has a low THC content (>.3%), industrial hemp does not fall under these same regulations. This allows consumers to purchase and use CBD as a natural supplement without worrying about any legal repercussions.
Many cannabis users who are solely interested in the medicinal value of marijuana find CBD isolate products to be extremely appealing and effective.
The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from healthcare practitioners. Please consult your healthcare professional about potential interactions. All products on this site contain less than .02% THC.